Friday, November 28, 2008

NOTE: I'm not forcing anyone to do anything

I want to make that perfectly clear.

I promote a plant-based diet just as I promote drinking 64 ounces of water each day and flossing regularly. But there is no debate over whether or not these things are good for you. No matter how much water you drink or how frequently you floss, I am sure that you know these are things you ought to do for your health.

Even smokers know that it is bad for them. But like eating meat, it is a personal choice.

The only difference is that we, as a nation of meat eaters, are unwilling to accept that meat is unhealthy and cruel because we were raised to think otherwise. If we were all raised to smoke cigars, we would be quite appalled if somebody suggested that we shouldn't.

So all I'm saying is that people would be better off cutting back on their meat intake. And if you want to stay very healthy and enjoy a long, cruelty-free life, you must cut out meat, and other animal products, altogether.

No comments: